The last event of this busy year at Dani’s Dreams Outdoor Education Center will be this Thursday, December 5, 3:30-5 p.m. We will be getting ready for winter – planting fall bulbs, making bird feeders, painting bird houses, and talking about migration and hibernation. We’ll also be decorating for the holidays, making and hanging ornaments, and stringing popcorn. Make an ornament to take home for your tree! Hot chocolate and Mama Nita’s special cinnamon pizza will be keep everyone warm and fed. All children in Southern Hancock are invited – Dream It – Do It!
Planting bulbs in the fall is the most effective time to plant because they blossom just in time for spring.
• Choose a healthy bulb.
• Choose a good location. The location needs to have good drainage and exposure to the sun every day.
• Plant the bulb with the pointed side up.
• Plant the bulb three times as deep as their width.
• Replace the soil on top of the bulb and water.
• Water your bulb throughout the fall and winter especially if it is dry.
• Enjoy your new flower!
Kids, we’ll not only be decorating for Christmas but for spring as well as we will be planting bulbs in the newly named Grandparents Garden in our Dreaming Tree Place. Plant and dream and hope for a colorful garden after winter’s cold and snow.
See you Thursday, Dec. 5, 3:30-5 p.m. at Dani’s Dreams Outdoor Education Center – Get Ready for Winter!